AutoHotkey general info
Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks (macros). Create hotkeys for keyboard, mouse, and joystick. Expand abbreviations as you type them. Remap keys. Create custom data entry forms, user interfaces, and menu bars.
Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP Platform :
1.7 MbFile Size :
Freeware License :
July 03, 2006 Date Added :
AutoHotkey Full Description
Customize your keyboard, joystick, and mouse with an open source scripting language that is backward compatible with AutoIt v2. It includes a quick-start tutorial, an automatic script writer (macro recorder) that records your keystrokes and mouse clicks, and a comprehensive help file.
In addition to its automation features described below, AutoHotkey excels at hotkeys, able to make almost *any* mouse/joystick button, keyboard key, or combination into a hotkey. It can also individually disable or override Windows' own shortcut keys, such as Win+E and Win+R. It may also help alleviate RSI; for example, it can create substitutes for Alt-Tab using keys, mouse wheel, or buttons.
MAJOR AUTOMATION FEATURES
- Define abbreviations that expand as you type them (auto-replace).
- Create custom GUI windows and menu bars.
- Retrieve or change the volume, mute, and other settings of any soundcard.
- Remap keys and mouse/joystick buttons.
- Send keystrokes and mouse clicks to any window (without needing to activate it).
- Launch programs, shortcuts, URLs, and documents.
- Activate, hide, close, or resize any window.
- Make a window transparent and/or always-on-top.
- Change the priority of a process or close it.
- Create custom tray icon menus and popup menus.
- Use a joystick as a mouse.
- Monitor your system (e.g. close unwanted windows the moment they appear).
- Automate game actions by detecting pixel colors.
- Retrieve and change the clipboard's contents, even if it contains files copied from the Explorer.
- Perform any operation upon a set of files and folders that match a wildcard pattern.
- Read, write, and parse text files more easily than in most other languages.
- Work with the registry and INI files using the included interface commands.
- Display simple tooltips and balloon tips.
- Display dialog boxes to interact with the user.
- Convert any script into an EXE that can be run on any computer.
Software related to AutoHotkey
Not ratedAutoHotkey Rating: