EarthWatch general info
EarthWatch displays a graphical world clock with a dynamic map image of the world showing the day and night areas, a sundial, and an information panel featuring sunrise/sunset times and much more -- all in real-time or time-lapse animation.
Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP Platform :
3.1 MbFile Size :
Free to try; $25 to buy License :
April 13, 2006 Date Added :
, world clock
, time zone
EarthWatch Full Description
EarthWatch (for Windows) displays a graphical world clock with dynamic map image of the world showing the day and night areas, a sundial, and an almanac information panel featuring sunrise/sunset times and much more -- all in real-time or time-lapse animation.
EarthWatch is informative, educational, and beautiful, and includes the following features:
* Option to choose from two map types: political or natural.
* Graphical presentation of the day and night areas of the earth.
* Selection of any date from the year -4000 to + 4000.
* Comparison of sunrise/sunset times with those of the previous day.
* Display of the lat/long coordinates and names of major cities as you move the cursor over the map.
* Sunrise and sunset times for the specified location and date.
* Current northern and southern hemisphere seasons for the date selected.
* Number of days until the beginning of the next season for the date selected.
* Option to overlay on the map the world time zone boundaries and the local hour in each for the date/time selected.
* Option to show the sun on the map where it is at the zenith.
* Option to overlay the analemma (sun's apparent annual track) on the map image.
* Option to show the moon on the map where it is at the zenith.
* Age and phase of the moon for the date selected.
* Option to overlay major lat/long, Arctic and Antarctic circle, and Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn lines on the map.
* Option to highlight the locations of some 350 major cities on the map.
* An "animation" option, displaying a "time-lapse" mode with pre-settable time step increments, ranging from any fraction of an hour to 100 years, either forward or backward in time.
* Option to show a sundial with corrections for longitude, daylight savings time, and the equation of time.
* An online help feature with index and hyperlinks.
* Any EarthWatch setup may be saved in a configuration file and later restored by opening the file.
Software related to EarthWatch