UFS Explorer 1.6.3
UFS Explorer general info
UFS Explorer allows you to browse your alternative filesystems and extract files from there. Now it has user-mode read-only support for UFS/ReiserFS/Ext2/Ext3 filesystems as well as has FAT support.
Windows 2000/XP Platform :
0.5 MbFile Size :
Free to try; $16.95 to buy License :
April 21, 2006 Date Added :
UFS Explorer Full Description
UFS Explorer is thee tool that allows you to browse your alternative filesystems and extract files from there. At now it supports user-mode read-only support for ReiserFS/Ext2/Ext3 Linux filesystems as well as FAT (12/16/32) that is useful feature with disk images (RAW/VMWare).
Why to use it? Because of it gives you really efficient way to access your files, located on your disk partitions that are not accessible normally.
Why read-only? Because of you do not need this really! Alternative OS, like Linux, have at least read-only access to your Windows partitions, so you may transfer files there with no problems.
Why not a driver? Because of any incorrect action in driver will crash your OS. Read-only access from user-mode is the safest way to do same job with no risks!
The keyed features of the program are:
- Read-only access to ReiserFS/Ext2/Ext3/FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 filesystems;
- Explorer-like filesystem browsing;
- Files and folders extraction (folders extraction, as well as multi-selected extraction are locked in shareware version);
- Hard-disk auto-detection;
- Partitions auto-detection;
- Smart filesystem caching;
- Symlinks browsing, object properties and other utility features;
- Files extraction from disk images! Supports VMWare 3,4 hard disk image files and RAW disk images;
- Hardware changes re-scan; opened devices management.
To have access to your hard-drives, you should be a local Administrator.
Software related to UFS Explorer
UFS Explorer Rating: