WinID general info
WinID is compact & versatile utility for Windows programmer to extract the most important information about controls, processes, window classes, styles, window titles, and much more. It resembles Spy++ and employs visual interface and simplicity.
Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP Platform :
0.6 MbFile Size :
Freeware License :
April 04, 2006 Date Added :
WinID Full Description
WinID provides the most important information about Windows control classes, styles, and window titles. All you need is to point mouse cursor to a window, or to any of the system or custom-created controls to get the most relevant information about them. It employs functionality of the Microsoft Visual Studio Spy++ tool adding visual simplicity and compactness. This software will be very handy for Windows programmers and for debugging software users as it can provide you with lots of visual information about windows, classes, styles, common controls, and more. This is also a good way for beginners to learn how all the windows are positioned on the screen.
(1) For visual identification WinID can Highlight controls you select;
(2) WinID's readout pane can stay above other windows in Topmost mode;
(3) To register dynamic changes in control WinID can Constantly Poll it;
(4) WinID does Automatically Recognize many control classes, although you may manually set a preferred class type by selecting it from the list;
(5) In some instances control could be hidden beyond another one. WinID can "fish it out" for you.
Software related to WinID
Not ratedWinID Rating: